SPONSORSHIP AT WORK
OUR VISION FOR A COMMUNITY
Clean Water & Sanitation
World Vision works to provide clean water in the communities we work in. We also raise awareness on hygiene and sanitation while empowering communities to run and maintain their water and sanitation facilities.
Health & Nutrition
World Vision ensures child and maternal health by promoting health and nutrition practices, improving health services and preventing major causes of disease.
World Vision helps to address barriers to education and works with communities and local governments to improve the quality of education children receive.
World Vision equips families with skills and tools to boost their income and support their families, such as improving agriculture and business skills, and increasing access to financial services.
World Vision is concerned with child well-being. We equip communities to protect and advocate for children, raise awareness on child rights, and ensure that children have a voice and role in their communities.
STAGES OF AN AREA DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (ADP)
Planning (about 2 years):
Building Trust and Laying Groundwork
- Building trust and planning with the community.
- Addressing the urgent needs of children.
Building Partnerships and Skills
- Project work and community mobilisation begins.
- Local people gain skills to lead their own development.
Building Confidence for the Present
- Momentum builds on initial successes.
- Increased community ownership.
- The lives of children improve.
Building Hope for the Future
- Community takes the lead in development.
- Children and their families are self-reliant.
- Capacity enhanced and confidence built.